AN OVERVIEW ABOUT HAIR TRANSPLANT:
A hair transplant is a method of transplanting hair to your bald or thin areas of the scalp. This is a surgery usually done by a cosmetic surgeon. In hair transplantation, the surgeon takes hair follicles from the back of your head or other parts. Therefore, in recent times there are around 60% of men going through this hair transplant surgery. And around 40% of women opting this method for proper hair growth. Therefore, is the good option for hair harmony and you.
But most of the time that question arises, is FUE permanent? Therefore, this is one of the most common concerns raised by people- is FUE hair restoration permanent or not? Can a single treatment cure the baldness problem? Do we have to go through different procedures throughout life?
If you are also finding answers to these such questions, then you have landed in the perfect place. By the end of this article, you will get to know if it is permanent or not.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is a permanent solution to hair loss. Because this is a procedure in which hair follicles are directly transferred to the bald or thin areas.
- This a process that fully cures the hair loss problem and is genetically programmed to continue growing for life.
- However, some patients may require more than one procedure. In each and everything there are exceptions also.
How does FUE hair transplant work?
- First of all the surgeon starts by sterilizing the needles, blades, scalpel and the other instruments needed.
- Then he/she prepares the local anesthesia so that the area gets numb during the surgery. After this, the surgeon will inject it into the area where the surgery is to be done.
- If you are a patient of hypertension or have a phobia from surgery, then you can ask your doctor for a sleep injection. So, you fall asleep during the whole surgery.
- After this, the important part of surgery starts. The doctor or surgeon will shave your hair from the back.
- Then he/she will make tiny holes on the part, where the hair is to transplant. After this, the hairs are incised on the bald or thin areas.
- After the incision gets complete, your head is covered with a bandage. Because this will prevent you from outer infections and other things.
This is how an FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) surgery takes place. But it will take a period of 4-5 days for the person to return to their normal work.
Why is the direct transplantation of hair follicles permanent?
Here are some reasons or points that will tell why direct hair follicle transplantation permanent. Have a look to know in details:
- Retain the characteristics of their origin:
- The follicles transplanted during hair transplant are having the characteristics of their origin and continues to grow. This is one of the most important reasons that tells why FUE is permanent.
- Your newly transplanted hair is not fragile but is very much similar to your normal hair.
- Due to the characteristics of origin, you can easily treat the newly transplanted hair as you treat your normal hair. You can cut them, wash them, etc.
- Usage of modern techniques: This is the other reason why direct transplantation of hair follicles successful. The modern techniques used to do hair transplants can easily transplant high densities of hair.
So, these are the reasons that say the FUE hair transplant method successful and permanent. Now, we will read about after-care because proper care to the transplanted hair can make it grow properly. Let’s peep on to the after-care ideas, after an FUE surgery.
- Proper medications:
To ensure the best and positive long term results, you need to have the proper medications according to the prescription. The patients should regularly prescribe the doctor.
- Avoid exercising:
The patients should avoid exercising or yoga for some time of interval. As because exercising or doing yoga can interrupt the hair growth. So, you should avoid it, till the time your doctor/surgeon says you are Ok.
- Avoid carrying heavy-weights:
For some time interval, you should avoid lifting of heavy-weights. This thing should be kept in mind for around 10 to 15 days after surgery. This is will help you in making your hair show natural growth.
- Avoid using electronic hair devices:
Try to avoid hair dryers, especially the dryers having hot air. Because it can cause a serious problem for you. So, avoid using hair dryers for a short period.
These are the after-care ideas that you should keep in mind to get a natural hair growth after hair transplant.
At last, we would like to tell you that you should go for regular check-ups. And should consult the doctor regularly till the time he/she says you are Ok.