Colombo, the commercial capital city of Sri Lanka is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Known to be one of the most preferred tourist destinations in the world, Colombo is certainly a city with difference. Not only are there a host of attractions over here but it is also one of the most beautiful cities in the world. So, if you are intent on experiencing beauty in a metropolitan, then surely Colombo is the city that you should be planning your next trip to.
From Chennai to Colombo
Located in the southern part of India, Chennai is one of the major cities of the country. Chennai boasts of a culture that boasts of literacy and a religiously driven fervour where people pay particular attention to spirituality and education. Colombo too shares a similarity with Chennai in terms of culture only with oodles of greenery lining the city fringes. So if you are thinking of planning a trip from Chennai to Colombo then you can start looking up cheap flights from Chennai to Colombo. The best way to crack nice flight deals is to get the bookings done early. This in turn will help you to travel at the best rates. You can also opt for travel and accommodation packages which will not strain your pocket. Always remember when you get the booking done, do some research before you make the final booking.
Places that you have to visit in Colombo
The number of places, that you have to visit at least once in Colombo, is too many too pen down. Well, let’s take a look at the places that you should pay a visit to once:
- The Old Dutch Hospital: This beautiful building was once a hospital and nursing centre for the Dutch East India Company. Colombo has managed to retain the grandeur of its colonial past and fashioned a shopping centre out of it today. So if you are interested in shopping back in the past, this is a place you have to go to.
- Arugam Bay Beach: Want to experience the beauty of the beach in Colombo? Then book a car and travel about 320kms away from the city to spend a day of relaxation and fun at the ArugamBsy Beach.
- Dehiwala Zoo: If you love a nice visit to a zoo, then this is one zoo that you cannot afford to miss. Add this to the list of zoos you have been to and you will never regret spending a day there.
- Old Galle Buck Lighthouse: All lighthouses have a different kind of feel to them, a feel of adventure and of course a view to die for. If you have always wanted to visit a lighthouse, this one is a must visit.
- Traditional Puppet Art Museum: When booking your Chennai to Colombo flight keep a time slot to catch a puppet show at this museum for sure.
The beauty of Colombo is something which one cannot miss. So start planning your trip, right about now!